Tuesday 21 April 2020

Week 9 - Model 3 & pre-work (Scale 1:40)

Comments

Isolation has meant that I'm spending a lot more time with my son in the house, and we spend a lot of  that time playing in cubbies. So for this model, my goal was to create a treehouse that would be both beautiful to look at, and a fun place for both younger and older children to play.

Sans any actual trees to establish height, I created two sets of stilts to elevate my treehouse, and made the stabilising bar dual-function by building a swing set into it.

I've didn't want to fully enclose the model because it would assume too much about the environment it might exist in. Instead, I built up most of the pentagonal walls so a client could see the effect of the completed piece, but still envisage what it would look like in their own tree setting.




Completed Model






















Model: Work-in-progress shots






No comments:

Post a Comment